stator installation

yamashack

hello there, just wandering if installing a stator is big deal for me to put in. im not a super mechanic but can getter done! just checking to see if there is anything i should be heads up about. thanks :letitsnow

Replacing the stator is simple enough. You need to move/remove items which are in the way such as the pipes, hoses, etc.. You need to remove the recoil starter, remove the flywheel, disconnect the stator wires, remove the stator screws and then reverse the process. You will need a puller to remove the flywheel, don't try prying it off. When you install the flywheel, put a small amount of antisieze compound on teh crankshaft. This will make it easier to remove the next time. Take you time, should go smoothly for you.

dont strip out the screws. they are loctited in there and you will hate your life if you strip them out. pretty straight forward

When putting a stator in, I would suggest using loc-tite on the screws. I didnt, and it cost me a break down the the stator pickup fell off.

Back