My poor knees are happy now!!!

super1c

Super Moderator
Well after only 2 hours on the river last weekend my knees were killing me. I knew then it was time for a new seat riser something. Well we all know their is no boss seats to be had. Maybe next year. Tried to get a excell riser on ebay but lost out. went for $300, OUCH!!!! By the way who outbid me!! LOL !!! So i dove in and made my own. Followed a little bit of everyones riser on the site. To all that posted pics and such thank you. I went with the excell specs. 1.5 in in the front, 2.5 in in the rear. ended up closer to 2" and 3" by the time i was done but hey!!! Sat on it and it feels like a new women. You all know what i mean. Man this thing felt good. Big test this weekend but around the yard seemed awesome. Tilted my 2" rox riser all the way forward and its perfect. I might go with another inch on the pivot riser but not sure yet. Total cost was $40 with seat material and such. What do ya think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• seat riser 039  #2.jpg
    seat riser 039 #2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 68

Looks nice, I just built one myself last weekend, I intended on doing a 2" and ended up with about 3" as well after adding the foam on the edges and covering it with Marine Vinyl. I believe my total cost was $12 between the vinyl, foam, scrap sheeting from the lumber yard, and 1 can of Great Stuff foam.

Tysonmatc2 said:
Looks nice, I just built one myself last weekend, I intended on doing a 2" and ended up with about 3" as well after adding the foam on the edges and covering it with Marine Vinyl. I believe my total cost was $12 between the vinyl, foam, scrap sheeting from the lumber yard, and 1 can of Great Stuff foam.

Thats what got me was the vinyl and foam. I got it from a local craft store. The 1" foam was $15 a yard. Good lord thats a lot of money for foam. So you did even better. Way cool!! How did you like yours?

Your wedge risor looks great. The cost of foam is really high, ever since the oil raised high, the foam cost did not lower though. Foam is made from oil. This summer, when BOSS is taking orders, get a new replacement seat. Night and day differance. I recieve 2 this year. I think it may have raise the seating position 4 to 5 inches. The problem I saw with the BOSS is no tail light. I had to manufacture my own mounting system and LED light. Al

I run the Boss seat as well. I have done a few 200-300 mile rides + find it comfortable for me. For a tail light with the Boss seat I purchased and installed a LED tail light off of a 2009 Nitro XTX.

alswagg said:
Your wedge risor looks great. The cost of foam is really high, ever since the oil raised high, the foam cost did not lower though. Foam is made from oil. This summer, when BOSS is taking orders, get a new replacement seat. Night and day differance. I recieve 2 this year. I think it may have raise the seating position 4 to 5 inches. The problem I saw with the BOSS is no tail light. I had to manufacture my own mounting system and LED light. Al
Foam is mostly air, someone is getting rich IMO.

I like it when sitting on it in the garage, have not gotten a chance to ride yet, hopefully this weekend with a little more snow :letitsnow I picked up my vinyl and foam at a craft store, all together it was $7 but I barely had enough vinyl to cover the edges, I didn't cover the entire riser, I just put 1/2" foam on the edges so they didn't cut the vinyl, and started on one end and worked my way around, drilled holes to match and put in longer bolts. I also added 2" bar risers so hopefully that will make for a more comfortable ride too. Now I just need to get my 136 kit in.

Back