How to tell what year my MM700 is ??

alaskanbowtie

I bought this sled from a friends wife and he was out of town . So I don't know what year it is . Mnt. Max 700 with 141 2" track . How can I tell ? I believe it's a 99' but would like to be for sure . Also can someone reccomend a good tuning shop for Yamaha's in Alaska . Preferrably Fairbanks or Anchorage or even Whitehorse in the Yukon . I live in Haines and want to take my sled to have it tuned in . ;)

if its stock, a 99 still had a 136 on it. 00 was a 141 and 01 and newer had a 141 with the digital ign. Post A pic and I can tell ye. ===SRXSRULE===

97-98 Red cowl, 136 track, single headlight
99 Black cowl, 136 track, single headlight
00 All blue, 141 track, single headlight
01-03 Blue & Silver, 141, dual headlight

sleds year

it must be a 2000 then 141" factory all blue with single light . Now whats the first thing I can do to help the handleing on this sled . We do alot of skipping here in the valley on the rivers . Some times we go up river for a 1/4 mile or more before going to the bank and this sled doesn't skip worth a shit ! Starts bouncing the front ski's as soon as it gets on the water ? THX guys appreciate the help

if it has 17 number in the vin the 10th number or letter will tell you ..
like w=98 X=99, Y=00,1=2001,2=2002

Last edited:
Starts bouncing the front ski's as soon as it gets on the water

Sounds like you could loosen the front limiter strap on the skid to lighten the ski pressure. Might also try getting adjustable transfer rods to get more weight transfer to lift the skiis.

weight transfer .

I will try loosening the strap and I'm buying a tranfer piece from Mnt. Peformance that takes the place of the rods . Suppose to do beeter job then the rods ?

you should try the transfer enhancement kit from mt. perf......i know multiple people with mt. max's and mt. vipers that love em!

Back