Reeds?

bbviper

So I went to install my reed spacers on my viper and inspected the reeds themselves. I noticed on the very center of the upper reeds there were small wear spots. (is this a problem or not?) I got to the last one (exhaust side) and the bottom reed was cracked!!! so I'm glad that I found this out. What I'm asking is should I just replace all 6 reeds right away or just the one? How long do these stock reeds usually last? And is the price of these only $6 or $7 a piece? that seems cheap to me. Thanks

p.s. there are 2700 miles on the sled.

i was at a local dealer asking about some reeds for my 03 viper and to find out they are on factory backorder till march 13. if you find any reeds let me know cause i need some as well.

I have seen reeds with 4-5000 miles with those wear spots. as long as it's not worn beyond the point of sealing you will be fine. I usually flip them over & run the notched one on the bottom side & good one on top, If i don't have any laying around that are good.

I know, I thought about that. If all the dealers around my area are sold out I'll have to buy some carbon fibers, but I'm not looking forward to spend the extra $100 on them.

Also wanted to mention you dont need the spacers on the viper they only really benifited the red heads, I would sell your spacers to help cover the cost of some new reeds.

I'm trying them to see if they help throttle response and the mid-rpm burble. If it helps then great if not I'll turn around and sell them. Its easy enough to take them on and off so what the hell i guess.

Vipers were know for the cracked reeds spot, thats why we have about 6 extra reeds sittin on the shelf since we run 2 Vipers

Back