URGENT!!! need some help quick please

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
Drained oil of chaincase to replace 70 tooth chain with 68 tooth chain.Now how come I thought that all SRX's use a 15 wide chain.I got the new chain,but the original chain is 13 wide..so I can't use the new chain.... :o| :o|
But at least I tried it with the stock gears and the 68 link chain fits nicely with just a slight slack,no forcing it on or anything...
My problem now is and don't f'in laugh (harness racer) is when I took the drain bolt out it fell into the aluminum tray below that catches the oil.No biggie.But I went to burn my garbage outside today in the barrel and I decided to pour the oil from that container into a bucket of old rags,even took some rags to push the oil out and clean.I dumped the rags in the fire.Now I realized the bolt is missing...... :o| Searched the f'in ashes 3 times and no bolt.
NOW ,.....I found another bolt with 3/4 thread length that thread in with no problem. It is a bolt that had a flat washer backer to it,all as one.Will this bolt do to plug the hole,it screws in nice and seats.Do I have to maybe slip a small washer ,plastic or rubber on the bolt also to ensure a seal?Once bolt is tight and even with locktite..I cannot see a problem.Will try and take a pic of the bolt once camera battery charges a bit...

hhahahahha 98-99 got 15 wide and 00 and up got 13 wide hyvo chain blue

got some pics of the bolts.The shiny chrome one with the hard plastic washer seems to be the ticket.Found like 3 of them.The black bolt..the head is larger.

Attachments

• P2050111.JPG
    P2050111.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 1
  • P2050112.JPG
    P2050112.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 3
  • P2050114.JPG
    P2050114.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 1
  • P2050115.JPG
    P2050115.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 1
yep had that idea in mind to..it'll be fine the,Got lots to do tonight yet.Put exhaust back on,re-install cyl heads,fill anti-freeze and bleed the system.Will probably do a test run in the morning.My nephew is coming over and will take my 600.Great weekend coming.mild and 15 plus cm's of snow coming..yahoooooo!!!

I was thinking if he took some of that tape off the middle of his glasses and wrapped that around the bolt!!ntff??

not worried about the bolt jeff.I am in the country,I can burn in a barrel ,out in the middle of my 5 acres or where ever I feel like it.Usually smoke out he neighbours burning wet grass clippings.....pay back to them.

Hey doug if you want I can send ya out one... Free ....Ill even pay the shipping!! I have 4 chaincases it the garage! Did you recieve those Rivets yet?

no rush,have another bolt in there that I found in the garage..but original bolt will be better.SRX is running tonight,no leaks at the heads so far.Got the 8bu's in clutch also.Riding all day tomorrow.Hope she flies..lol

I thought everybody had a burnnin barrel. Nothing like liquid wood.

as for the chain after 00-02 is 13wide hyvo, before is 15wide.

I would say bolt is fine, you can put tefflon tape on it or an oring.

Put a stove in the shop & get some heat from that stuff. What works real good is old track cut into chunks on the band saw- black oak, or cut hyfax into peices & toss in there, no need to fill the landfill with that garbage. free heat.

Back