test run on youtube

not a good day for speed today for sure,couldn't get past 100.Feels a little sluggish..Will take the 51/43 off and go 47 helix and try.Last sesson's end was hitting 118 on basically ice surface same spot.

she is running at about 8600 at wot,but the snap isn't there today for some reason.Remember I have 120 studs on now,not last year.But I know what you mean.PV's were all adjusted and cleaned to.My nephew said he could smell like rubber smell when he was behind me..I sort of smelled it to.Could be the belt or what??? It isn't the hyfax,it's all new and no wear down today on them showing up,the ice scratchers are working super.Track is loose to and no studs hitting.The clutches are not super hot either,belt is from last season but still in spec also.Will go back to stock helix nest time round.

yeah there was loose snow and about 1 degree C today,but sled sounds like it doesn't want to open up as usual. I will check the PV's,even though I went thru them before winter.

bluemonster1 said:
yeah there was loose snow and about 1 degree C today,but sled sounds like it doesn't want to open up as usual. I will check the PV's,even though I went thru them before winter.

Its too warm to get the good sharp snap of the throttle. Its probaly running rich in these warm temps. You can check your PV's and go for another test today. Its colder so it should be better.

stein..I am not going out today,got something like a cold,nose running and all..so staying in today.Did a little snowblowing this am.I'll work at the SRX this week slowly..no rush.

well I checked the suspension to see if anything was holding me up there,but not a thing.Track spins super easy,all bearings and wheels rolling.All the studs are in place as well as the hyfax savers.All points are stay on the studs and not hitting any exchanger or tunnel.So this eliminates one thing.I will check the PV`s next this coming week.One thing I noticed after I put in the 50 pilot jets,sled is way easier to start now..go figure.Started yesterday in 9 pulls instead of the usual 30 after sitting like for 2 weeks..And started easier after carbs where empty also.Usually 80 plus pulls on empty carbs and then pour gas thru plug holes,last time it was like around 30 pulls and no gas thru plug holes..Something has changed.

I noticed my anti freeze container dropped level about an inch after yesterdays ride,,hmmmmmm.No leaks anywhere .Maybe it needed a good run and circulation of the water throughout and now it has settled.

I got mine up to 92mph yesterday on a side street!!!
lake ERIE is frozen and were expecting 3" to 6" on tues, so I'll see what she's got then.. Last year had it up to 114 on the dream meter...I'll GPS it this week and see what it's really got....

Back