NEED HELP 02 viper wont idle and has no power

BuschD

1st time out the viper ran good and the second time out the sled had no power and seemed to be missing. we changed the spark plugs no difference, cleaned the carbs 3 times already no difference, changed the stator no difference, swapped cdi with a neighbors viper and no difference, adjusted and cleaned powervalves, and you can't tell which cylinder is missing by pulling the plugs. Checked the wiring and all connections and can't find anything. Also checked the compression on all cylinders and it is good and we have the TORS jumped. Anybody got ideas cause I am stumped

Pinched or rubbed wire somewhere!!! bolts that hold the pickup for the mag might have came loose and not picking up like it should maybe ground under gas tank or seat giv that a try and see

Some other things to try:

-try replacing the spark plug caps, they have resistors in them, that at times can burn out. When this happens the plugs will still show spark but its so weak the engine will not run properly.

-next I would try swapping coils.

-when you cleaned the carbs did you also clean the filters under the fuel inlet valves?

-did you check your reed pedals for breakage/cracks/chips?

JM.02c

Last edited:
I blew right through the needle and seat and the spark plug caps sounds like a possibility will have to check that and the reeds are good and all wiring is good and the stator and pick up is new. also sprayed ether on crank seals and it made no difference. keep the ideas coming

Try draining all the fuel out of it, and refueling with Shell VPower[no ethonal] from a busy station...a long shot but worth a try.
This past summer, after I fueled up my Honda CBX, I ended up with a bad hesitation and rough running. I thought I had an electrical problem until I gave it some thought. After draining the fuel and refueled with fresh gas...no more problem.

Back