Honda again?

jwiedmayer

Maxbits "Max Bits Rumor of the Month
This month’s rumor has been floating around for a while, but we have recently grabbed hold of some very credible assurances by our editor’s cousin’s step-sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s linebacker coach who overheard two guys talking in a bar that Santa could well be making his rounds on a new red sled with clean-running four stroke power this Christmas. That’s right sportsfans, whether you’ve been naughty or nice this year, you won’t even hear the jolly old elf approach your rooftop on his shiny new Honda snowmobile. Look for two models to begin surfacing this winter, with a full production run for 2006. About nine years ago, Honda showed a small stand up snow scooter style machine to a select group of consumers, but shelved the product following tepid feedback. We don’t think these new models will find the same reviews."

Supposedly honda has two snowmobiles for 06. And then there this article.

http://www.snowmobilepages.com/mha_internal/index.php?date=2004-02-12 12:01:52

Honda's Snowmobile...
... Fact or Hoax?

Approved by Admin on 18:47 28th January, 2004

Rumours continue to pour in surrounding Honda's entrance to the snowmobile market. Who better positioned to enter into the industry? Reliable four stroke power, an intense attention to detail and quality. Is this a hoax, or indicative of Honda's true intentions?
Read More...
25 comments

What do you guys think? This could be real 4 stroke competition!

Perhaps Honda is testing the waters again,...hope it happens though, ...the more the merrier. Honda makes a top drawer product and would give the big four a run for there money, although I don't see a lot of converts coming from the Yamaha camp, including myself. :yam:

I really hope honda does come out with a sled, they have awesome 4 stroke engines also and another 4 stroke performance sled will help advance the machines quicker. Honda also has top notch Fit n' Finish on there other products also.

If Honda were to do sleds (I don't think they ever will) I would sell the Yammies in a heartbeat

I heard this rumuour from a guy a few years back that used to work at the local Honda dealer. I guess they tell me its going to be a four banger and have a turbo. I guess its supposed to look somewhat like an RX-1 but it would come with a turbo from the factory. We will see.

Back