jackshaft removed

progold

finally got the jackshaft out of my viper,just want to thank YAMAHOWIE,SNOW-XR,2-STROKINIT and SIDESHOWBOB for helping me and ponting me in the right direction,everthing looks good took out what was left of the bearing there is just a little scoring mark left in the chain case where the bearing sits witch i dont think will be an issue,the prestone i seen leaking has stopped i think it could be from the twenty mile drive at 15 km per hour on hard packed trailes that could have over heated and came out of the over flow tank once i dropped the jack shaft and moved the track out of the way i inspected the heat exchanger pretty good and no dammage,i think when i put everything back together i will change the direction of the track for better traction,again thanks to everyone who helped mw and will keep you posted of the re assembly.

PROGOLD :)

I just did the same thing to my viper and it went really smooth....It'sa great feeling to know that all your stuff underneith is good... I also reversed the track and it does make a big diffference...Hope that yours goes as good as mine did...Good luck and be safe riding.... Soup Dog

hope everthing goes good to jujst have to order oil rings and bearing for chain case,did you reuse the coller that has the small oil ring on the inside or did you replace everyting?

Back