Low top speed

Warrior SX

I'm just wondering if anyone would have an idea as to why my sled pulls strong to 90 then slowly climbs to 100 and from 90 to 100 I lose about 500 rpms. The powervalves only have 300 miles on them since I cleaned them and had Rich mod them.

how is the belt.carbs spotless,?clutch set up,power valve set up?lots of reasons you could be having this problem

Belt has about 200 miles on it. Carbs cleaned, powervalves cleaned and adjusted about 300 miles ago. I was looking at the 2 bushings in the 2ndary and they seem to have a little play on the shaft. I can wiggle them a little...normal?

White primary spring, its not a www its actually all white idk what it is, stock 8DN-20's, 49-43 helix, green spring, 60 twist. Sled runs at 8600 then drops to around 8000 from 90-100 mph on the speedo and it won't accelerate anymore. This was the set up when I bought it last year and I was running 116-118 on the speedo before.

sure sounds like the same problem I am having on my SRX.Ran 118 last year,now gets to 90 and has hard time but gets to 100.Last year it got to 100 instantly and the needle just dropped steadily to 118 with no hesitation.Not this year.. :o| Can't believe things can change so much,using same clutch set up.Only difference I ran with 70 wrap,the other day I ran with 80 wrap with green spring.
GREMLINS somewhere. :dunno:

I was running 80 wrap and the green spring last year and beginning of this year, but tried changing to 70 and 60 to try to improve the problem I'm having. I put a Predator 1.25 on the beginning of this year, with new bearings in the chain case and speedo bearing, checked all the bogie wheels and they spin freely. When I installed the track I noticed it was rubbing on the exchanger protectors a little but figured it would wear the track enough after riding it for a while. Well I have over 400 miles on the new track and it was still rubbing so tonight I took the protectors off to see if that will help anything.

mine started to do that.... was running good was keeping at 8500 rpm... then near the end before i saw my pistons where slowly melting.. it was only hitting 8000... i could give it good and would hit 8500... but go back down to 8000... though it was my pv's.... could still be it... but well see... rebuilding it so ill find out next season i guess..

Back