Is it worth rebuilding Viper KYB front shocks?

ekmoor

Is it worth rebuilding the front shocks on my 02 Viper? My rear skid has been upgrade with a Polaris IQ suspension, so now the weak point is the front. As long as your on the gas and the front is off the ground, it does not make too much difference...

ekmoor said:
Is it worth rebuilding the front shocks on my 02 Viper? My rear skid has been upgrade with a Polaris IQ suspension, so now the weak point is the front. As long as your on the gas and the front is off the ground, it does not make too much difference...

If you have the $$$, I would say don't rebuild, replace instead. Replace them with Fox Floats or Ohlins. Either will be better in every way. I recommend Floats. Do a search and you will find several people have done this. It's a tough mod, but "do-able". I had Mike Carver do mine.......

He put new Fox Floats designed for a RMK on my Mnt Viper fronts. They are so much of an improvement, I can't even describe. My Mnt Viper is a whole new animal. I pumped them up this weekend when the trails became moguls and it smoothed them out like a dream. I could easily keep up with my buddy on his Nytro RTX, with Floats all around. They are the real deal.

I wanted Floats on the my rear skid also, but Gild is the only person whose solved that riddle as I'm aware. Mike Carver couldn't get them to work in mine, so I went with Revalved and Resprung Ohlins rear and center shocks back there.

Mike

I've had mine recharged a couple times. Did them the other night and the shock oil looked like chocolate milk and white milk mixed in.(Gross) revalved them and feel great now.

If your not looking to spend a ton of cash, Call Bruce a Pioneer Performance and have all of them re-valved. Just got mine on 300 miles ago and it made a Huge difference!

Dave

ekmoor said:
very worth rebuilding . imo . kyb's are a great shock ,they can ride with the best of them when properly valved.

Back