Thermo or temp sensor / 8 flashes

Super Sled

TY Off Trail Expert
OK, I have searched this a lot and found a few threads, but my questions are not resolved, so I'll throw this out to the community.....

I'm getting the Eight 1/2 second flash code once my sled warms up to about 140 degree - 150 degrees, about riding/operating temperature.... Then the engine temperature warning light starts flashing along with the warning light.
8 of them..... 1/2 second flashes in a row after it's warmed up........ then repeats itself on a loop.

I know this is the thermo / temp sensor. It also seems it is usually a connection problem. So I checked the connection, but it seems good. The wires all seem intact also -- no apparent rub through's.

So I guess next step is to grab a new sensor and replace it. Anything else I should try first? How hard is the replacement?

Anybody know the part number or cost for the replacement thermo sensor assembly or just the sensor itself?????

Thanks everybody in advance.

Mike
_________

As I keep reading, it seems there is some sort of thermo sensor assembly kit available out there. A kit with some parts for bolstering up the area, so less connection issues or something...

Anybody familiar with this? Have a part number or cost available? Any idea where to obtain the part? My dealer is not being helpful, unfortunately.....

Mike

Back