02 Viper Setup, Bender add-ons / Heated Carb question

blueice

Did some Bender updates this year to a 02 Viper. I am unsure if I should stick with yamaha's recommendation per the owners manual regarding the usage of the heated carbs on/off. Does it make much of a difference on cooling and performance? I was going to turn the heated carb's "on" for the days under 10 degrees F. I may be just worrying to much on the melt down factor. :o|

The Bender add-ons this year are : Triple pipes, V-Force reeds, Opti-cool head gasket, rear cooler, Clutch kit, opened up the air box and the added recommended pilots/jets from Bender.

Going to be definitely checking the plugs more often this year.

Attachments

• DSC00824b.JPG
    DSC00824b.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

sry its not really related. I notice you have simmons ski's. If thats what they are How do u like them? Im thinking of getting a pair

In combination with the Simmons Ski's and 1.5 Camoplast track it really dialed the sled in. For tightening things up on the corners I set the front shocks to a softer position and loosened up on the limiter strap. That seemed to work well for me.
Have much less wear on the carbides, also.

The side to side action on the trails almost disappeared. Made it a great ride. I am happy with the results.

I use the simmons flexi-skis on mine and find for trail riding in the northeast they can't be beat. I n very soft snow they will push a little.

Back