Clutching Question

98srx6

Website
myweb.nmu.edu
Okay guys, here's what I got. On my 600srx, I installed 8ab weights, 14.5 rollers, and orange-silver-orange primary spring recently. The problem that I am experiencing is the engagement is at about 5200 rpm's. Anybody know what kind of problems I can look for in the primary that would cause this to happen?

:o|

8ab,s are too light at initial shift on the 600 SRX. You need 8ca,s or 8bu-00. There is not enuff meat initially on those weights to keep rpms down . You might try a 4.5 inner rivet...that will help but you probably are gonna need 8ca,s.

This setup has been done on srx600 w/ the engagement at 4000-4200. I have 3.1 in the inner hole right now.

Are there any parts in the primary that could cause this if they were worn out?

BTW: ~5000 is where the primary starts to close on the belt then engages shortly after that.

Check for worn bushings. The only other thing that comes to mind is if you have the wrong primary spring. That spring should be about 85mm long. A spring with 35 kg preload should not engage that high.

if ya want to trade 8ca's for the 8ab's let me know, mine 600 single pipe just don't have the balls to spin the 8ca's I have

Back