Right way to refill coolant

ReaperSRX

I have just finished longtracking my 2000 SRX and now i need to refill coolant, my plan is to hoist up back end fairly high and fill up from the side heat exchangers then add to coolant tank, run sled and bleed at rear and continue to add until full, i also should keep the card heater valve on, right?......am i missing anything?...................James

I would set the front of the sled up about 1 or 2 foot and slowly fill the tank...it will push all the air to the top and out....

Fill from the coolant reservoir, ...and yes, heater on to bleed.

So by having the front up i can fill by the tank and will make it's way through the whole system, and you said go slow and this lets the air come out, ok thats does make sense now ;)! , then once filled i guess than i can lift the back and bleed system.......thanks Mr. Sled

There are many ways to bleed the cooling system and the main thing is to get all the air out, ...Yamaha suggests lifting the sled from the back the highest above the water pump housing (couple of ft.).

if you do it like I said and poor really slow you wont have to bleed it from the back.....once you think you have the coolent filled run the sled and make sure all the exchangers are getting warm....then let her cool down, you might have to top off the tank after its been heated. If all the exchangers dont get warm then you will need to bleed the system.

MrSled said:
if you do it like I said and poor really slow you wont have to bleed it from the back.....once you think you have the coolent filled run the sled and make sure all the exchangers are getting warm....then let her cool down, you might have to top off the tank after its been heated. If all the exchangers dont get warm then you will need to bleed the system.
Thats what i did and i didnt have to bleed it! Pour a little in the tank run it for a few and she should drink it down add a little more untill she stops and like tom said feel ur exchangers they all should get warm if they do ;)! if not bleed it and try it again.

no, just fill it really slow with the front of the sled elevated as stated. Put cap on, run sled and make sure all exchangers are getting warm and then pop the cap slowly and top it off. If they dont get warm you will have to bleed the system.

Back