Angle eyes!

JJcMx

Hello One of my friends told me there were people looking for info on angle eyes... so i figured i owuld stop on by.

I also ride blue :yam: 04 Yzf R6 03 Yzf 450F :4STroke: and a 02 viper

You will need

1. rod that is actually made for your window blind to open/close the blind when you turn it left/right. It is about 30 inches long with a diameter of 8mm, and you can create 2 angel rings out of it. The rod has a hex-shape structure, not a round shape and clear.. home depot n such have them.....

2. LED bulbs......ive ised leds from import car places with the resistor already in place so all you need to do is run power and ground.

The first thing create a circular ring out of it. To determine the circumference of the ring, I measured the diameter of my high-beam projector housing, which comes out to be 4" (or 2" radius). Using the circular formula (C=2pr, where p=3.14), you'll have to cut your rod about 12.5" long. I suggest cutting it 15" long, and use the extra inches as handles to help in the molding process.

Next, find an aluminum can or jar that has about the same diameter as the ring. After heating the rod in a small toaster oven for about 5-7 minutes at 300°F, held the two ends of the now flexible rod with a pair of pliers, and wrapped them around the jar with one end crossing over the other end. The flexible rod will harden within 30 seconds. So, you may have to repeat this step 1 more time to mold it into a perfect circular ring

As you wrap the rod around the jar, make sure that one of the flat sides is facing down. This is important in a later process. This can be done by putting the rod on a flat smooth surface. With one of the sides facing down, wrap the rod around the jar. As you wrap, make sure you don't twist the two ends.

Once done, you can use a Dremel tool to cut the extra handles that were used during the molding process. You will end up with one end above the other

Making The Eagle Rings Light Up
In order to make it lights up like the true 'Angel Eye', You have to refract
the light as it goes through the rod by making multiple cuts (scratches) along the rod, using a Dremel or a RotorMatic tool. Each cut/groove allows the light to 'escape' the ring. Each cut is about 2~3mm apart and 1mm deep. Don't make the cuts too close to one another. This will make your ring look like a continuous band of light

It will take about 2 minute to do the cuts using a Dremel tool

To get the cuts look perfect, you can do the cuts ahead of time before making a circular ring out of it. You only need to make the cuts along 1 of the 6 sided rod. Doing 2 or more sides will make your ring look dimmer, because most of it has 'escaped' before it reaches the other end of the rod. Also, let the cutted side be the back side. When you turn it over to the front, the cuts will be multiplied by the hex shape which acts like mirrors, and they are brighter too compared to the back. The light appears to be refracted inward

To secure the LED bulbs into Eye rings, drill a hole in both ends of the ring, about 6mm wide and 5mm deep

Next, insert the bulbs inside the holes of the ring, and wrapped black electric tape around it to hide to LED bulbs. This will also hold the bulbs and the two ends of the rod in place. DO NOT paint the rod black. For some reason, the black paint will absorb the light and will make your angel ring look dim. If you plan to wrap the black tape around the uncut/unused part of the ring, make sure you wrap some aluminum foil around them first before wrapping the black tape. The aluminum foil will reflect the escaping light back into the ring, making the ring brighter

I havent really looked at the viper lite assembly and how it comes apart but the sport bikes are glued togeather And have to be heated up to be taken apart i have steps for that to....

I also have pictures n such of all this so if you wish for me to send them email me and i will be glad to pass them along.

Joey
AMA Dist 34
AMA Dist 3
Renss co. snow riders

Back