strange track wear

stinger440

I took my 84 phazer to the U.P. last weekend and did 140 or so miles. About 10 miles from getting back to camp I broke a rear suspension spring. I nursed it back riding the road side. I just did a quick check today just to see what if any major damage occured and didn't see much. Except right between the drive lugs. Between every set of lugs on the left side (pto side) of the sled is a wear spot. It wore through the rubber and into the cords. I have never seen anything like this before. It wasn't something dragging across the track because it is only between the lugs. Anyone ever see this before? I am thinking the driver was slipping a bit as the track came around cause of the bad spring. Is my track unusable now? I just put the track on and this was my first real trip with it so I know it wasn't like that from before. Thanks for any thoughts or insight.

I know this doesnt help much. but i bought a track on ebay that has exactly what you are describing. it came off a polaris... the guy said the shock came apart. its still holding up nicely. 1.5 inch track under a phazer? great idea :letitsnow

Back