Kitty Cat value?

SWEDE

A buddy of mine has 2 '79 kitty cats both are in good condition with no rips in seats ect.One runs and one doesn't, but he says he has a bunch of parts and supposedely whats needed to get it going.He just wants to sell everything as a package deal as is, any ideas what this stuff is worth?He may put this stuff on e-bay, I appreciate any help from you guys.

SWEDE said:
A buddy of mine has 2 '79 kitty cats both are in good condition with no rips in seats ect.One runs and one doesn't, but he says he has a bunch of parts and supposedely whats needed to get it going.He just wants to sell everything as a package deal as is, any ideas what this stuff is worth?He may put this stuff on e-bay, I appreciate any help from you guys.

I found they hold their value pretty well and when I was looking 3-4 years ago it seemed regardless of the model year they were going for $300-$600.

I found a '94 that needed the cracked hood fixed (at what cat called a hindge). I sandwiched what was left of the lower hood between two pieces of sheet metal, paint and a piano hinge. I also replaced the clutch, driven gear and brake pad. I paid $300 which seemed to be on the low side.

I don't think he'd be out of line asking $600-$1000 for the lot depending on condition.

I bought a brand new Ski-Doo mini-Z for my little girl in 06. I paid $1840 for it..They do hold their value very well..To buy a used one a few years old your looking at spending around a $1000-1400 depending on condition and year...I'd guess that a Kitty Cat that is 30 years old in good shape would go for around $300-500 mabey $600 with the other sled...It's a tough market with the older cats cause of all the new cool sled they make for kids...Good luck with the sale I hope you get what you want out of it!!

jwurl said:
I sold a mint 72 Kitty Cat a few months ago for $1200.00. Jeff Wurl

Wow, wasn't that the first year for them? Perhaps that makes it a bit more collectable.

I agree also that with the newer mini sleds the market for the Kitty Cats is smaller, and its a bit outclassed compaired to them, but Kittys are still getting some good coin relative to thier original sticker price. I still think I'd start at $1000.00 for the lot again depending on condition.

Back