5 dangerous things kids should do

sleddineinar said:
Good video. Think of all the things we grew up doing and survived, that most kids today would never be allowed to do.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/gever_tulley_on_5_dangerous_things_for_kids.html

The vid cut out half way through but what I did see I totally agree.

Reminds me of the contradiction of teacing kids about condoms but not about firearms.

I gave jr. my old recurve (20#) bows I had as a scout for his 6th b-day last week. After about an hour of instruction and correcting a few safety mistakes (waiving a knocked arrow around), he's shooting 3" groups at 10 yards and can't get enough of it. He's also been shooting rim-fires and pellet/bb guns since he was 3.

What a way to spend a rainy afternoon.

"The only good coon is a dead coon daddy" is music to my ears.

Interesting

I completely agree with this guy. The fire thing made me laugh....except he forgot to mention that introducing gas to the fire should be mandatory. I remember experimenting with that in my driveway when I was a kid. Pretty scarry in hindsight but extremely educational to say the least. I'm proud to say that my kid has certainly done all of these things. Quite a while ago. I think it is a lot different for kids growing up in the country....I mean all of these things are a given by about age 6 arent they???? Well, maybe not the digital recording law thing.

Madmatt

Back