Buying a Raced bike verse trail ridden opinions ?

Vmax540

VIP Member
Website
vintagevmax.com
Why do people shudder and run from buying a bike that was Race designed, Raced on a set course and very well maintained but, will buy one that was trail ridden by someone who does not know where and has not seen the useless service manual (since be bought the bike) and is not sure where the oil drain plug is located but, they did wash the bike for the first time right before taking a picture for the classifieds (as the wet garage floor shows) ? Seriously, why is the first (and usually last) question a buyer asks is was it Raced instead of asking tell me what is your maintenance schedule ? After many, many years of buying, selling, ridding, racing and maintaining various motorized toys I personally, will buy something that was raced and well maintained over the kid who thank heavens never raced his bike ! pfttt.......

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Used Motocross bikes

I don't know what type of bike you are talking about but I have quite a bit of experience in the motocross world since my son races. All I have to say is that I will never again buy a used motocross bike. I don't care if it was owned by a racer or a trail rider. It's just not worth it! Just my opinion.

Madmatt

Back