Survived a twister!

Coles_55

Well I am sure some of you guys have heard about the tornados that ripped through SE Wisconsin last week. My gf and I live in Eagle and that was where WI was hit the hardest, and thank God we made it through. The house has a ton of damage along with all my trees being completely destroyed, but I am just glad that we are all safe and that my sled was in storage far far far away!!!

I will try to post some pictures of the house and the houses around me, if you guys have heard about it, the Fire Chief for Eagle is my neighbor, like his entire house was in my backyard. The path of the tornado was right through my backyard, so we are currently being put up in a hotel which is ok for now but its getting old with our dogs and whatnot.

But wish us luck on getting in before the snow flies! A few builders told me about 2-3 months, so I am hoping they are right!!!

Sorry for your lose and glad your getting started on putting things together. I hope that the weather improves here in wisconsin soon dont need anymore rain for awhile. I am also glad that you and you family are all in good health and safe.

sorry to hear about your house.We here also are having bad weather this year.To much rain,other areas have just been hit hard around me.Flash flooding,trees down,roofs ripped off and a lot of standing water.There seems to be more Tornado watches then ever before out here and west of us.Just praying it stays away from my area.We are expecting really high temps and humidity by July 1st..something will brew out of that one for sure.

I guess its time for that remodel that you didn't want to have to foot the bill for!?(J/K)
Glad to hear everyone is okay!

for sure glad all is well. I understand about the hotel living. I had to do it when my place was destroyed from the flood of 2008. At least no one in your family was hurt. That's a start. I know eagle pretty well, I used to board my horse out there and ride the trails. Stay strong bro, it will all come together for you!

HOLY SMOKES!! I live about 20 minutes north of you and drove thru town going south on 67 last Thursday, What a mess!. Glad to hear you (and the sled) Are OK. With new construction being so slow I would think that there are plenty of contractors available to get you back to normal ASAP. Lets hope that as much rain as we have been getting will fall as SNOW this Winter.

Thanks guys, well we just got the ok from American Family, what a JOKE! Talk about low balling an estimate! We are hoping to be back in the house 2-3 months. I am hoping sooner than that though. Hopefully this week we all can start drying out a little, I mean c'mon I feel like we are living in Seattle.

Sorry to hear of the destruction, hope all works out for you.

Having worked for a couple insurance companies in the past, I recommend not accepting their first offer. Force their hand a little. Challenge values that are questionable. Just do your homework. Did you have a guaranteed replacement value clause on your policy?

You may want to get legal advice, or at least start the ball rolling. Insurance companies avoid litigation costs as much as possible.

Yeah we have 100% replacement on everything, and my builder is submitting an estimate today for the work that needs to be done, so hopefully he gets somewhere today. And we already contacted out family legal rep and hes already foaming at the mouth. lol

Thank you tripp. I am actually kinda wishing my sled did get totalled, granted I would get nothing for it, but it would be a good excuse to buy a new to me one!

Your telling me, granted this place we are staying at it really nice, cook me dinner with free beer tues-thurs, but nothing beats your own place.

Back