SRX Suspension Question

icky47

Hi - newbie here.......

My father-in-law is rebuilding a "wrecked" 99 SRX600 that he got a great deal on....previous owner siezed the engine, and then sold off the cylinder heads, power valves, etc.....however, we have a spare SRX 700 engine, so building another sled is viable. The main problem is the heat exchange in front of the track has a big dent and hole in it, so basically the sled is pretty much in pieces.

What my father-in-law wants to know is what do we have to do to the suspension to get the SRX to sit "higher" on its track (so it doesn't bottom out)?

This will be the 4th SRX in our house - I have a 99 SRX700, and the father-in-law has a 98 SRX600, and a 99 SRX "800" (custom engine which currently needs a new piston - this is where the spare 700 came from). And now the wrecked srx600 which will have a newly rebuilt 700 engine installed.

Thanks for any help....Will post pics of the sleds together when all are running!

Icky! :yam:

Why do you need the sled to dit higher? The reason there is a hole and dent in the front heat exchanger is because a stud flew out of the previous owners track and punctured the heat exchanger, that is probably why the old engine was blown, it got to hot.

if your suspension setup question is independent of the dented heat exchanger, then go to the tech section and find the link on Proaction setup. explaines the things that can be adjusted.

one quick adjsutment is the front mounting of the rear shock. the bracket has a slot. if you mount the shock close to the povot, it will be softer ( less lever arm) of you slide it to the outmost position in this slot, it will make the ride stiffer. you can also add preload to the springs to make the ride stiffer and not bottom out. it's a function of the rider's weight and of course riding conditions/style

hope that helps.

Ramb

yea for ultimate comfort the M10 is the only option. I rode a polaris with one and they are NICE

Back