SRX jetting old vs new

SRX_Dave

Anyone got a quick answer as to why the 98-99's were jetted one size fatter on #3 versus 00-02's which are one size fatter on #1? I always thougth that most sleds (2 stroke) as a rule ran a little hotter on the PTO side.

Reason I ask is that I'm considering dropping one size across. I consistantly have oil running out of my exhaust when I pull them off (currently running stock jets, 1999 146.3:146.3:148.8) Dave

Yep,I asked my dealer this yesterday when I was picking up stock jets for my 02 so I can remove the cold air kit.he has no idea why they switched the richer jet side to side between the 98/99 and the 2000-2002.-Harvey

It was thought that the mag side was getting a bit more voltage to the coil (closer to the power source,less voltage drop)therefore making the mag piston run hotter by firing more of the fuel charge, this was later decided that the heat from the pto clutch was greater then the spark differance and therefore changed as a result. Remember the 98-99 did not have the 3d ignition sysytem, all coils fired at the same time.

So based on that, should a stock 98-99 be jetted differently? If the pto heat does actually offset mag side charge then the jetting in the 98-99's is backwards. I know from personal experience that my mag side does seem to be reading richer than the other two. 98-99's put out less power/heat so #'s 1 and 2 are leaner than 00-02 1 and 2 cylinders. Should the baseline be 146.3-146.3-145? Dave

NO, leave the 98-99 as they are to be, richer on the mag side, the 2000-02 are richer on the pto side

Back