Viper 136" Ripsaw is Way Tight

koodat

Well I installed my Tracks USA extensions and put the 136" Ripsaw on the 02 Vipski. Rear idlers all the way forward and barely got the skid in. Track is banjo tight. How much do you think it will stretch? Tracks USA says this track varies in length by upwards of 2-3 inches. Going to raise limiters a bit to see if I get any slack at all. Bye-bye slides. Right now it taked 2 guys to turn the track by hand.

I see another post for re-positioning the entire skid. Think there is a real big advantage to that, excluding the possiblity of more room for slack, for a guy (me) that is going to ride this set-up on trails, lakes, woods in the midwest?

AHH, the true enjoyment of modifying your sled.

it will stretch A LOT, and camo's seem to stretch almost forever as well, gradually needing tightening every couple hundred miles or so

How long are your extensions? I have never had that problem before, and I have done a few 136" stretchers. The skid relocation deal invloves moving the skid back, not foward.

I just got done with my 136" extension and it fit just like that. only problem is I had a 133.5" track on it! I've got a 9831 Camo waiting at home now, hopefully its a little longer than your Ripsaw. Dave

i had the same issue with my ripsaw and tracks usa rail exts on my viper. except i installed 7.25" billet idlers on the axle, it was way too tight. i took them off went back to the stock wheels to regroup. the stock yami wheels are barely 7" the extra 1/4" of diameter ate all the adjustment opening. i thought about dremmeling the opening larger but unless i can extend the adjuster (unlikely) it will not work. i may run mine with the stockers until i can get the correct sized wheels. did you change wheel sizes? if you went 8" wheels you will need an offset axle as they will not work without one. ski

ive got way too much into this sled to keep buying crap. i am having some wheels custom made (free) on a c&c with my design and yamaha, 178mm diameter for rear, and 135mm (5.35" over sized) for the smaller idlers. that will take care of my problem. ski ps did i say i am never doing another custom sled again yet????

good thing i got my boots on, b.s. is getting a little deep in here ski, lol

Yea, never again

And I will never drink beer when I am modifying a sled either. The tracks usa are 121-136 extensions. Stock rear idlers. Gees, I hope it stretchs ALOT. Plan is to do hot laps around my lake and pray to the Camo gods that it stretchs enough or I am screwed. If this does not work, I 'll yank all that crap and go back to stock, sell all this crap and take up polka dancing.

No way I am re-locating the skid. Looks like more work and who knows if it would help anything.

now i need chest waders. sheesh. workin in the garage with no beer! next thing you know he will turn vegitarian and find god in a salad leaf. ;):D

What a Pain

Unbolted the extensions last night. Will not work. Cannot set suspension and if I tighten up rear shocks, it gets the track so tight and collapses the suspension, that it will never turn or ride properly. Have 300 miles on track and it stretched "a little". It rides do harsh, I had to pull it.

Sent to machine shop. Going to extend slot 1/2" and fill the back of the slot in and machine off the end of the extension 1/2", so I can use the adjusters.

Guess I am the 1st one to have trouble according to mfgr., why is this always the response "I" get??????????

If we had snow I would be buying a new sled today.

Back