Carb Cleaning

How: Take your carbs out of your sled and take the 4 bolts out of the bowl.

What: Use carb cleaner (lol) to clean out all jets and areas exposed to fuel.

-There may be directions on the tech page, but its not a real complex thing to do.

On a personal note,
The carb cleaner I used came in contact with the O-ring gasket (on the bowl)and swelled it up and would not fit(made it longer). After sitting by the o'l woodstove for a little while they returned to their original size. I thought I was going to have to buy new ones.

When you take the float bowls off, use a cordless drill with a phillips bit. Set it really on low power so it slips the drill clutch. This acts like a impact effect, and the screws come out easier. Then go to lowes or home depot and get 4mm allen head screws to use when you put it back together. Maxdlx Live and Learn

REDMATER said:
I Bet When You Drive Roofing Nail You Hit Your Fingers..............

nope, I use a pnumatic nailer......... and when the Steel screws have been bolted into the aluminum carb body since the sled was new even a good snap-on screw driver can't get the cheesy screws to break loose (they are poor quaility IMO). Side cutters give plenty of bite to get the old ones to break loose and the screws were replaced with allen head screw, Problem solved.

I have rarely had the carb screws make it past 10 - 15 removals without getting somewhat sloppy. I replace with allen head screws just like BIR if I have time to go find them in my nuts and bolts collection . . .

I could use a little better organization of my hardware but haven't found the time to do that either. I did buy brand new bins though.

Ah, the good old days of building houses with a 32 oz framing hammer. Those new-fangled nail guns were way too expensive, and always breaking down. Took the skin off the whole end of my thumb once trying to stay ahead of my crew. Wasted 5 minutes wrapping with toilet paper and electrical tape before I could get back to work and try to keep the rookie crew from destroying too much lumber.

Has anyone who has been in the building trades for years noticed that swinging a hammer is a lost art. Let the weight of the hammer do the work, not the muscles in your arm.

Now I have really gone off-topic. Is this the start of senility?

Last edited:

Back