85' Bravo 250 Carb Help

RockSteady

Hi,

I have a old 85' Bravo that had a primer installed on the dash ,but was never hooked up. I would like to hook it into the carb. but don't know where the hose connects to ! I know one side goes on incomming fuel line, but need to know where other side(line) goes.The yamaha micro film does not show this connection!

Thanks for any help

ED

if it has a manual choke , you dont need that primer...we have an 82 bravo, flip the choke and 3 or 4 pulls and its running....the primer sounds like a bandaid for a bad choke...can you give me more info on the reason for the primer.

Carb Help

I had got 2 sleds (both Bravos) last year(had a blast with the kids). We had so much fun I picked up a 93 venture. Anyway when I had got the sled there was a primer installed on dash,but not hooked up. Went to Yamaha parts micro film and found that is indeed a option. It is very hard to start and can not be started without starter fluid. The choke is a flip lever with a little plunger at the other end. I have taken off the carb an cleaned and tried adjusting it many times. When the sled starts it runs great and starts on first pull (when you put choke on and then shut off after it warms up). Its just when cold it will not start without starter fluid ! I do not starting it this way!

Also on my other sled is the same way. But you cannot turn choke off (even under full throttle when warm) it just bogs down and dies. Runs great with choke left on ,but loss of power. I took carb off about 5-times and cleaned. Also someone suggested crankcase seals. I have sprayed starter fluid by seals and it did not rev up?

Does anyone know how to adjust choke plunger? Or how to hook in primer?

I have ordered new jets, float valve and gaskets.Should be here next week. Hope this will do it.

Any help would be great.

BTW: Does anyone know how to install a visor heater jack on a 93' yamaha venture 480 w/electric start . I has the hand warmers. Can I tap into that?
I will repost under different title.

Thanks Again

Hope this helps

Make sure it is pumping in the right direction. Good luck. I like primers seem to work with most snowmobiles I have used. Cam

Attachments

• Bravo Primer paint.JPG
    Bravo Primer paint.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 21
Cam,

Thanks for the reply(and picture),but fur the life of me I can not make out where the line on the carb goes. Is one of the 2 vent hoses removed and primer installed? Or did you drill some type of hole?

Thanks
Ed

Back