Indiana Sledders...

tomseal6

VIP Member
Got my orders today and I have to report to FT Knox KY by January 15th.

I looked on the map and I saw how close Knox actually is to Indiana, Looking to meet up with some guys for local riding or get together' on weekend trips up to Michigan or IL or something in that nature.

My sleds are in my trailer in ST Igance MI right now just a few miles from the bridge and will be bringing them down to Knox in a few month

Tom

i am in indiana ...but 200 miles from kentuckey line ...and indiana olny has 4 or 5 trail systems ..and honestly they aint very good ...i have rode all them ...i usually head just over the line to niles michigan ...but when i ride here at home we make our own trail and ride were we want ...had the cops called a few times but when they see its just me and my buddies they just tell us who called and were not to ride and let us go ..most know us by name and sleds now ...we have lake shafer here ...well its actually a river ..and if they open the dam the water drops out from under the ice and can be very dangerous ...but we make the best of what we have ....but this year looks like it will be all indiana riding for me ...losing my licence for 6 months so no michigan for me this year ..and probally wont spend another red cent in michigan and i am boycotting that state from now on ...and honestly were u are you will be luckey to see snow good enough to ride on

We are also in Indiana, but in the North, On Lake Wawasee. We too like to ride in other states which have more snow. We start our year riding in Minnesota and travel back through Wisconsin and UP and lower Michigan. Some years Indiana does have good snow but the trail system sucks. Al

depending on snow conditions we useually shoot over to Niles / St. Joe area. lots of cool trails there and its only 2 hours from our place. Keep your eyes on the ride section. we usually post something in there.

Thanks for the replys everybody...

I wont mind driving and towing sleds at all to get away for a few days.

From FT Knox to Gaylord MI is only 577 miles or about 8 hours so it gives you an idea how far out I would like to meet up with some people to go riding. I really miss my sleds.

In the army now.

Due to forced reductions in the Navy, I crossed right over and only had a 3 day break in service. currently at FT Sill Oklahoma for training in my new job

Last edited:
tomseal6 said:
In the army now.

Due to forced reductions in the Navy, I crossed right over and only had a 3 day break in service. currently at FT Sill Oklahoma for training in my new job
Swwet! I was 11B/76Y when I was in. I wish i would have stayed in!
11B, Follow Me!

You may be able to keep your sleds at my moms in Gaylord.....no one is there its just a vacation home.....and I sold all my sleds because its been over a year now that I have been laid off.......... I would need to talk to my mom but if you could leave your sleds there it would make your drive a bit easier on your wallet.

Tod

Tod,

You had the sweetest most awesome 97 SX 700 I had ever set eyes upon. It broke my heart when you sold it especially after you virtually rebuilt the entire sled. I wish you at least still had that old girl.

lots of stuff I should have keep............ wish i did still have it....... got the guys number so when I get back on my feet I will be calling.....Missing my Attak too......lol

Tod

Isn't Lingenfelter Performance somewhere down the road from you? I almost took my vette up there for a camshaft and exhaust package deal a few years ago.

yes just across town (7min). Lots of nice stuff there..... been a ton of the new camaros over there lately.

Nice talking on the phone with ya..................

tomseal6 said:
Thanks for the replys everybody...

I wont mind driving and towing sleds at all to get away for a few days.

From FT Knox to Gaylord MI is only 577 miles or about 8 hours so it gives you an idea how far out I would like to meet up with some people to go riding. I really miss my sleds.
Growing up in northern michigan sledding just gets in your blood doesn't it?I can understand you missing your sleds, its almost ingrained in our culture in these parts.I'm in Grayling we should organize a group ride for this area what ya think?

that sounds awesome.. My dad use to go to drill at camp grayling back in the day.. My sleds have been sitting for almost 2 years so I cant wait to get my sleds and at least drain the tank and clean the carbs on the SRX. A few more months Ill be situated

Sounds like a plan, hopefully in a few months we'll be buried in snow!There is still alot going on at camp grayling and they have got a ton of stimulus money and are really expanding.Supposedly its one of the best training centers around with its vast area and diverse terrain.

Back