Bearing question for you guys.

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
I usually buy NTN snowmobile bearings with the average price bearing around $6.95.I was at one of the Farm Supply stores here in town and they have NBR bearings there for like $3.95.So I took 1-6204-2Rs and 1-6205-2RS home to compare.The size is good but would them bearings be good enough for the suspension wheels,just wandering.
PS: What does the 2RS mean actually?? Thanks.

NBR bearings are made in a Chinese factory I believe, but the company HQ is in Europe - Germany I believe. I don't know about the precision of these specifically, but some chinese bearings are less precise which just means they will wear out faster. The 2RS is the type of seals. Double rubber contact seals.

They will work fine, they just might wear faster. For the price though it is a lot easier to just replace bearings every year.

Last edited:
thanks for the 2RS explanation guys.I have regreased the bearings every season,but they don't sound smooth anymore..so will change them.Your info is correct there Ding .German factory in Europe. The NTN are more money and is labled on the box that they are snowmobile bearings,so maybe better off with them.Probably end up paying same price all around.The NBR change every year or NTN change every 2 years...same difference price wise I guess.Actually the NBR would cost me $8.00 for 2 years and the NTN would cost me $7.00 for 2 years.I would save $1.00 times 14 bearings.I would then just have a few spare cheap ones for emergency.

For really inexpensive bearings, just go to www.vxb.com. They have a huge selection including more expensive ones. You can most sizes in a sleeve for a buck or so a bearing. I run them in the older sleds.

Ding said:
For really inexpensive bearings, just go to www.vxb.com. They have a huge selection including more expensive ones. You can most sizes in a sleeve for a buck or so a bearing. I run them in the older sleds.

glad I stumbled across this thread!!!

sounds like the 6205zz has a shielded seal and is resistant to higher rpm.... what weight and rpm rating do the factory NSK bearings have???

All of the specs are available online, let me warn you though if you get into tech stuff you may be up all night . . . or so I've heard . . .

I am running ZZ bearings right now for Jackshaft and Driveshaft. I should be tearing one of those sleds down soon, so will post results.

Back