FAT BOY springs

A couple of bucks

VIP Member
Fatboy or bigboy springs are available for either shocks on my skid What is the advantage of a heavier rate spring on the front shock on the skid The rear bigboy spring would help maintain ride height Unsure about the front skid shock spring

sorry can"t get my keyboard period to work

For one you'll carry more weight on the track and less on the skis with a heavier front spring.That could be good or bad, just depends a heavier center shock setting will also increase weight transfer sometimes dramatically.I can't imagine why you'd really need a different front spring if you have the correct rear one to set ride height correctly.

SWEDE said:
For one you'll carry more weight on the track and less on the skis with a heavier front spring.That could be good or bad, just depends a heavier center shock setting will also increase weight transfer sometimes dramatically.I can't imagine why you'd really need a different front spring if you have the correct rear one to set ride height correctly.

I didn't know what a heavier rate spring would do for me on the front. Just a question for the suspention guys on here.

Fatboy/Bigboy springs are for fatboys/bigboys. There is no need for them if you are not one of those.

Back