Chain case oil

srxguy

Going to change my chain case oil in my 02 srx..Any suggestions to what kind or brand Is better than the others?...Thanks guys!...... :yam:

i've used both amsoil chaincase oil and their synthetic gear lube (alot cheaper than the chaincase oil of theirs) , and also shell synthetic gear oil, and i've never had any trouble with any of them.

The gears of your chaincase aren't going to care how expensive the stuff is their "gearing" through. Topgunn's right.

I compare running sythetic to someone who takes a lot of vitamins.....they're going to have the most expensive urine in the neighborhood. Basically, when you drain it at the end of the season, you'll have really expensive waste oil.

Jon

Have you ever seen what non-synthetic chaincase oil looks like at -40C?? (ie. 80/90). That's why I run Amsoil synthetic because it's cold up here.

hmm i guess mine is too thick. all i had was 85-140 esso gear lube when i assembled sled today. oh well i guess ill change it later(500km later ;)! ) after a good run or in a heated shop cause the garage was at +15c today and it poured stiff. sticks like glue to chain and gears though. ;):D

gear oil

ive always run all maxima in all of my machines ....and they make all kinds of lubes .....the gear oil im using is maxima chain case lubricant extreme cold 100% synthetic ...in the green and black bottle .....and i use the tundra synthetic blend 2 cycle oil.. for oil....in the purple and black bottle ....check it out www.maximausa.com

I run in mostly cold weather. but it also varies. I use "motul" i have found it to be the best and it's not bad in price for a synthetic blend. My YAMAHA dealer sells it for about
$7.50 litre. COMES IN A REAL NICE BOTTLE TOO.

Synthetic, about 3-4 dollars per oil change. And I change at the beginning of every season.

i run dextron atf fluid, never any trouble yet and ran it in all my sleds from 93 and up, flows well cold and is cheap also! no bearing trouble, leaks or chain breakage. 8000 km in one year!!

Gear Lube

Iam with SRXMAGIC i also use atf. Have been for the last four years. No problems yet. :yam:

atf works fine, they use it in all the stick shift trans in cars and trucks now too, simple and cheap to replace every year. type "f " is a tad thicker then dextron 2

Back