02 SRX Jetting

x2ryder

Just bought a brand new 02 srx and have read a few posts about the dcs going off on long runs is this a problem with the 02's? I have 148.8,147.5,147.5 I can put in but I would like to run it as lean as possible meaning keeping the stock jets in it. Would like some opnions.

You can probably go back to stock mains and run it all season long in a variety of temps. But, during the coldest ones, expect the DCS to do it's job more often, i.e. light going off. At stock, it will go off on longer WOT runs, but will probably not advance to the "third" stage of blinking (limiting your rpm's). Most likely, it will stay on either the first or second stage of the program. Remember, right out of the Technical Manuals for Yamaha it states: "The CDI box receives the signal from the knock sensor - controls the ignition timing for optimal performance. So, having the DCS go off isn't such a bad thing since the machine was engineered to deal with the detonation inorder to have it run leaner........to a point. I've never run my machine nor have I experienced the "second" stage of blinking. However, I did 'toy' with it and test it to see if I could get it to blink on the second stage with the stock jetting with temps around -15F. It wouldn't do it.

Anyway, personally, I went to the mains you currently have in as I didn't want to run that lean. I've done several plug checks through out the temp ranges and my plugs are usually always the often seeked "cardboard brown". I've had the DCS go off with these mains, but not as often.

Bottom line is, I've never had anything in leaner than the stock mains and don't be afraid to see the light go off; it's doing it's job for you and allowing you to run leaner.

Jon

Back