reed notch stoppers

cjdeere02

i am thinking of notching out my reed stoppers. does this have any affect on my reeds down the road as in breacking and coming apart? and is there any gain in doing this?

its about 2hp and it will not hurt anything down the road. I have been doing this for several years on many sleds and still run them in my 01 with close to 5000 miles...no problems.

will this work well on my 02 viper? did you also say something a while back on doing something with your exaust grinding a edge off the case or something in that line. thanks for the info!

the pipe mod or the reed stopper notch....neither will do anything on a viper.....really stock clutching with (2) 4.5 g rivets and a thin head gasket is about it....and the thin gasket is only with really good gas all the time.

MrSled said:
the pipe mod or the reed stopper notch....neither will do anything on a viper.....really stock clutching with (2) 4.5 g rivets and a thin head gasket is about it....and the thin gasket is only with really good gas all the time.

What do you mean by (2) ? Wouldn't you need three ?

Who sells the thin head gasket ?

there is only one 4.5g rivet and one 3.6 g...take that out and make them both 4.5g. As far as the head gasket...use one of the outer layers and spray it up just like the sx's in the tech section...but really be careful with bad gas....

u have lost me on only two rivets, where talking the weights right i would think there all the same and with the gasket i better not touch that i do get bad gas in canada at times and have had troubles. are theses the only quick mod i can do to my viper besides 53/43 helix and green spring?

there are three weights in the primary, and each weight has two holes in it. The stock clutching from yamaha has a 4.5g rivet in the first hole of each weight, and a 3.6g rivet in the second hole of each weight. Taking the 3.6g rivet out of the weights and replacing it with a 4.5g rivet will give it more performance because it will not over rev, and will pull a little harder. And yes besides triple piping it, those motors are pretty well tuned from the factory and there isn't much you can do to them. Yes if you wanted you could also buy a 53/43 and a green spring if you are really looking for an aggressive upshift, but the stock viper clutching really is pretty decent.

I get it now. So I would put one 4.5g rivet in each weight. Then I would have two 4.5g rivets in each weight.

Thanks

thanks guys i understand now with having two rivets on each weight. i was also looking at getting a team roller clutch i think i got a bit on a used one for like 200 bucks complete 350 new. have any of u guys tried that clutch or heard about one?

Back