reverse scratchers ??

JDViper

Lifetime Member
Website
s1231.photobucket.com
Thinking about putting on scratchers to help with cooling. I dont want to add the rear cooler so scratchers is the next best thing. I need the cable type that are able to go in reverse. has anyone used them?
thanks

JDViper said:
Thinking about putting on scratchers to help with cooling. I dont want to add the rear cooler so scratchers is the next best thing. I need the cable type that are able to go in reverse. has anyone used them?
thanks

They are called Slidekicks and I use them on my Attak. They are by no means perfect, but they work. I recommend them.

use them on my summit - they work well. My buddy used the spring type on an 06 apex mountain - always forgot they were down and tore them up in reverse

Also have the style you are looking to buy, have these on an Apex Mtn and like them. Rode with a guy who had the spring style and he hated them. He has since installed the cable style.

I use the cable scrachers, they work great on a little softer snow on hard pack, the jury is still out.

Watch them as they can ride a little close to the track when up and can rub. I've thought they should be modified some to use some kind of carbide tip.

I put on two super singles on and love them. they have thicker cables because they are meant to only have one cover the entire track. i mounted two because i couldnt get them far enough forward because of the wheels, but all is well now with two. They work great on hard pack as well...

We did a little test the other day. There IS room to mount them in front of the two small wheels on the outside of the rails. I'll post some pics when i get them in. I was worried about them hitting the tunnel when the front of the skid is bottomed out, but there is over an inch of room.

Back