Trying to figure out can fitment for 600 twin!!!

thstorms

What A/M cans will fit a '98 600 twin????

from the micro fische it looks like any single pipe can should work.... I'm just wondering about back pressure and inlet ID!!!

Is there anything I can do to the stocker???

Only the cans made for the 500 and 600 twin will fit. The cans for the triples are different, and I don't think there is anything you can do to this one easily like the triple can.

Only 2 aftermarket companies made cans for the twins that I am aware of. Bender Racing and MBRP. MBRP you can still get new. Bender are only available on the used market. I run the bender on mine and could use another one for a 500 that I have!

thats kinda what I've found..... figured if I email Bender I could get one, just dont want to spend $300 for a can!!!!

Save your money the stock exhaust will perform better than the can will anyday. Put some money in a set of V-force 3 reeds or Wiseco piston IMO

NEEDSNOW2GO said:
how much does the aftermarket can weigh? cause the stock one is a tank!

Thats the only thing you will save is some weight you will lose fuel ecomony and performance. Not worth the money. SOUND GREAT THO.

mtnmaxman600 said:
Thats the only thing you will save is some weight you will lose fuel ecomony and performance. Not worth the money. SOUND GREAT THO.

OK..... so what if I cut the bottom half off???

Yup just chop it off!!!!! then add a straight pipe down and out!!!

mbrp saves 8lb over stock and even the trail can is loud compared to the stock one. only gains you 1/2 hp performance wise.

Last edited:
thstorms said:
OK..... so what if I cut the bottom half off???

Yup just chop it off!!!!! then add a straight pipe down and out!!!

WHY would you want to do that??????????????????????????????????

I dont know...... drop half the weight, it just seems to have a baffle in it with a bunch of restrictive little holes in it LOL...... make it sound better, which in turn should make it go faster!!!

you know like stickers...... vinyldynamics

so..... Im guessing thats a bad idea!!!

K..... guess I'm gonna stick with the stock one!!!

Back