viper radius rods on srx?

yamaholic1000

i have a set of viper shocks on my 99 srx but my radius rods keep pulling apart i want to install viper radius rods on it so its a bit wider does anyone know if viper radius rods would fit ??

I could be mistaken, but I think the radius rods are the same.... the trailing arms and spindles are different on the viper!!!

you need to look for long travel RR from an XTC or A/M......

I have them on my srx. I had to use the srx swivel ends that bolt to the bulkhead because the viper ones are a different width. And I had to cut the Radius rod ends about 1/8"-3/16" narrower with a zip disc on the top radius rods on both sides because they were too wide to fit into the mount on the trailing arm. The bottom radius rods fit right in. It wasn't that hard to fit them up and it works good. If you do it here is some advice to make your life easier... leave the swivel ends bolted to your bulkhead. Tip your sled on its side and loosen the locknut and screw the srx rods out and screw the viper rods on. It is pretty tough to get at the bottom radius rod bolts on your bulkhead because they are so close to the bottom of your bellypan.

yamaholic1000 said:
i have a set of viper shocks on my 99 srx but my radius rods keep pulling apart i want to install viper radius rods on it so its a bit wider does anyone know if viper radius rods would fit ??

It's my understanding that Viper/SXR/Venture radius rods are all the same. I have Venture rods on my '01 SRX with the short spindled SRX trailing arms. They required no modifications.

I've not heard of Vipers being different but based on sasksrx's post perhaps they are. I use a box end wrench on the nut and a swivel socket/air ratchet on the bolt (with the pipes off) to replace/adjust mainly because I didn't want to remove the skid plate that covers the hiem joints. He's right though, if you haven't a skid plate spinning the rods off the hiem would be easier.

You'll also need longer tie rods and sway bar. Or you can shim the sway bar links to make up for the shorter SRX bar.

The extra 2 inches in width will bring back some of the lost cornering the added susp travel/ride height takes away. Actually, I think it's a little over an inch and a half. A worthy change IMO.

I could be wrong... but I was told by a higher authority, that Viper, srx and sx radius are all the same length. The viper gets it's extra width from the mounting holes in the bulkhead being farther apart. The SXR, SRX & SX have a similar bulkhead and SXR rods are actually longer. The SXR rods will fit on the SRX and SX w/o modification and will widen them. And yes you'll need longer tie rods and sway bar as well.

Back