Warrior vrs RX1 rear susp 03-04

rogerz

Hey guys, anyone know if an 04 Warrior would have the same rear suspension, and feel the same as an 03-04 RX1 in the rear? I know the Warrior has a longer track. I am looking at an 04 warrior and guys are telling me not to buy an 03-04 RX1 as the rear suspension is rough. It wouldn't be a big issue but I have some back issues. Thanks for any input.
RZ

rogerz said:
Hey guys, anyone know if an 04 Warrior would have the same rear suspension, and feel the same as an 03-04 RX1 in the rear? I know the Warrior has a longer track. I am looking at an 04 warrior and guys are telling me not to buy an 03-04 RX1 as the rear suspension is rough. It wouldn't be a big issue but I have some back issues. Thanks for any input.
RZ

I've got an 03 Liquid Silver 121 RX1 and she's given great service. I'm pushing 50 and can't complain about the ride but I'm a little old school in this reguard. I like my girls to be more firm without all that extra soft sag that can take the fun out of it. I like to feel the bumps as it makes for an invigorating, long, hard, fast ride. Just can't seem to get up for tradin her in for a newer model with a bigger, squwishier back end. ;)!

opsled

rogerz said:
RZ
If you have back issues you may want to look for something else.The warrior will be noticeably better than the rx-1, but I wouldn't call either of those a smooth ride.The warrior is a sweet ride though and would be a much better choice over the rx-1, you could always put a different skidframe in there such as a m-10, polaris edge,iq or sc-10 3 and make it into an awesome sled especially with different skis like c&a's or simmons.

Thanks guys, I thought it might be ok with the 121. I was hearing that. Well, I'm looking at her Wednesday eve. It's good, I may be owning it...

rogerz said:
Thanks guys, I thought it might be ok with the 121. I was hearing that. Well, I'm looking at her Wednesday eve. It's good, I may be owning it...[/QUOTE

Being serious and not worried about pillow talk as the "ride" guys are into.

If you are coming of a 99SRX the 04 Warrior will be a step up for sure. Add an 05 seat and you have a very comfortable sled to drive.

opsled

Thanks, I had an XT600 before that and my back loved it! The SRX was not the right move for me! I am hoping that the Warrior is as nice to me as the v-max XT was but heard it wasn't. Maybe it will be closer to the XT than I am thinking. I hope so. I don't want to stop riding ay 40 years old... ;)!

I'm looking at a 05 vector as well. I'm thinking that might be even better than the 04 Warrior. The Vector won't push as much in the corners either. Any thoughts on this?

Back