Viper Digitron wiring question?

snowmaan

I am following the Digitron hook-up instructions and am having trouble finding power to the display. I have the Black/yellow wire and the Red wire that travels to the switch and engine ground plugged in currently, and obviously something is not right. Any help would be great!

digatron

Wish I could help ya but having same trouble hooking up dt 54 sn cant get a good tach reading, jumps from 1200 to 2600 rpm on idle and @ any speed it is just all over the place. I have contacted ken @ digatron and tried the ac and dc wire kit with the same results egts work fine but tach is erratic. one thing is that the tach out-put wire on the 2002 yamaha yellow black has ac and dc voltage on it @ around 6.5 to 7 volts and digatron needs around 9 volts to work or the low charge indicator comes on using the ac wire kit, but the tach works like it should using the ac wire kit but cant get around the low charge indicator. I'am stumped also.

Well - what are the results??? How do you hook the thing up?? I'm hooking one up rite now - avenger 3, using 2nd rpm and water temp probes. The problem is - I removed the electric start (battery) from the unit and now my stock tach and gages go crazy - Ive herd all types of stories but no one can tell me the fix for this - the digitron gets hooked up tomorrow one way or another.

Back