2000 Phazer Mountain Lite

heathkiks

Hi all,

Just moved to lower elevation and was wondering if anyone remembered how to set up the clutching and jetting. Thinking the elevation will be from around 300' to 3000' mostly. The sled is mostly stock with a 136"x2" track and slightly geared down with a bender pipe.

Thanks

the pipe would be the only offsetting factor, perhaps give bender a call and see if they still have any info. stock setting for that sled, up to 3500', ran 8DJ00 weights, 2.4g steel rivets in the outer hole, 3.1g steel rivets in the inner, white/silver/white spring. should have a 43* helix, red spring, set at 80*. 18/39 gearing would have been stock. 4100 engagement, 7250 at full shift.

I have never made this exact change myself, but have worked a bit with this motor. So take this for what it is worth . . . my best guess.

If you were jetted for 10,000 feet, I would add at least 20 to your current jet size and watch closely. For clutching I would add 10 - 15 grams in both holes and test from there. If less than 10,000 feet I would scale down from there.

Back