Fixed carb tors switch

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I started at my carbs last night,cleaning and all,and I decided to see what was up with the tors switch while I had things apart.I was not getting a reading on my ohm meter so I figured the switch was toast anyway so I may as well snap it apart,pretty hard to spoil a rotten egg as a friend used to say.Well once I started looking the switch I found that it comes apart pretty easy and it's actually really easy to clean up the contacts and get it working again.I wasn't sure what I was expecting but there's nothing to popping one of these apart and cleaning it up and getting it working again so if someone has one of these that isn't working don't hesitate to go at it.

fourbarrel said:
I started at my carbs last night,cleaning and all,and I decided to see what was up with the tors switch while I had things apart.I was not getting a reading on my ohm meter so I figured the switch was toast anyway so I may as well snap it apart,pretty hard to spoil a rotten egg as a friend used to say.Well once I started looking the switch I found that it comes apart pretty easy and it's actually really easy to clean up the contacts and get it working again.I wasn't sure what I was expecting but there's nothing to popping one of these apart and cleaning it up and getting it working again so if someone has one of these that isn't working don't hesitate to go at it.

Good info FB.

At roughly $30 plus for a new one I figured what the heck cant screw it up seeings how it isn't working now.A spray of contact cleaner and a little touch with sand paper on the contacts and she's good as new.

Back