Transfer rod question

what do you mean....he is adding that part of the rod to let the suspension fall out farther when you are airborn or pounding mogul to mogul.

nope, even with a 2.5mm spacer on the bottom, it will not let the suspension sit flat in the back, the extension is needed as the shaft of the rod is too short. If you have this problem, as soon as you remove the bottom bolt, the skid will instantly sit correct and the rear wheels will not be sitting up off the ground by 2-3 inches. you will then understand why the shaft must be made longer, because the end of it will be up inside the bottom of the transfer rod housing.

the key is to dial in the proper gap (top and bottom) when you are on the sled. in cardguys case, and mine, when adding the long travel extending the stock rod was required. I made mine 10mm longer, thus allowing thicker various bushing that i made on a lathe to dial it in. I am by no means an expert as i have only jsut completed the long travel and set up with 10mm gaps top and bottom. will try thsi setup and also try less gap (down to 7.5mm gap) to see the effect.

so see what gap you currently have, then determine if you need longer rods and then different spacers.

i read here somewhere that 7.5-10mm was the range of gaps for the proaction, as more will change the suspension geometry out of parallel too much and strain things.. makes sense to me.

hope this helps

Ramb

Last edited:

Back