Tunnel Extension & U shaped Rear Heat Exchanger Question

SledBoy

VIP Member
I have a question regarding extending the tunnel on a Viper and installing a Mountain Performance U shaped rear heat exchanger. Ideally, I would like to mount the U shaped rear heat exchanger flush to the tunnel extension, but riveting the tunnel extension to the existing OEM tunnel creates an air gap between them. I like it flush for 2 reasons, more rigidity support and better heat dissipation in tunnel to keep snow off a larger portion of tunnel. The U shaped rear heat exchanger overlaps with ~ 95% of the tunnel extension to the existing OEM joint, so it makes it difficult to just rivet through all 3 to keep the heat exchanger flush AND provide a strong tunnel extension to the existing OEM joint.
What did you do? I also want to install either a Mountain Max luggage rack (w/ Viper lite relocation mount) or a custom rack and reinforce the extended tunnel. More rivets and not enough space to rivet with the heat exchanger.
Please let me know what you did. THANKS! Sledboy (Roy)
PS:I sent a pm to a couple of experts on this, but have not received a response yet.

Back