Over rev Problem!!!!!

fortress

Hi!! After installing a new ripsaw and my new mbrp canister, i discovered that my rpm now reach 8800 8900 !! i dont think its good?? My clutch and my secondary are totally stock. The gearing too!!

what i do to solve this????

To get rpm,s down you must add more weight to the primary clutch. Adding a steeper helix will help too.

How many miles on current components? How is it backshifting? May have some wear and tear issues(binding) of the secondary also. Before making any clutching changes make sure all components are working as they should and your not making changes to overcome deficiencies in the clutches. Seems obvious but your sure it's not a track spin issue?

yamahay said:
How many miles on current components? How is it backshifting? May have some wear and tear issues(binding) of the secondary also. Before making any clutching changes make sure all components are working as they should and your not making changes to overcome deficiencies in the clutches. Seems obvious but your sure it's not a track spin issue?

humm! i don't have any backshifting!!! my primary clutch component seems to be good!! So, i just need to add weight?? What the setting you suggest.. I really dont know how many weight is required to drop the rpm!

how many grams i need to add to reduce by 100rpm????

I'm wondering if the problem came from my gearing!?? Because of the ripsaw?? Maybe dropping one teeth will solve this?

To Lower Rpms

The tip , the farthest away from were it mounts to the clutch

Kind of what I figured. I've had the same problem in the past. The thing about worn bushings is as they wear the performance drop-off can be so gradual you don't notice until it's a real problem. Sled should feel way more responsive when you gas it or get in deep snow with the secondary working 100% again. That's why I asked about the backshift, when the secondary binds the rpm will slowly increase instead of jumping up to full shift RPM when you nail it.

yep, you were right cuz i had no backshifting at all, even with the angle at 80!!

My sled will be ready just monday, they don't have all the parts in the store.. Just hope the sled will run ok after that!!

You will need to add weight, if the exhaust can gives any kind of HP it will cause the sled to over rev which means you are not utilizing the HP the can is putting out. Exhaust cans and clutching goes hand in hand

Back