Moto helmets and goggles...

Triple Triple

Who has experience with them? I was thinking of trying it out this year but I don't have enough feedback to take the plunge and spend the money. My biggest concern is the goggles fogging. I currently ride with an electric shield but last year I had nothing but headaches with them and went through 2. Anybody use them? What did you like/didn't like about them?

I'm in the same boat Triple!!!

all my friends wear the MX helmets and goggles, I have a thermal shield on a street bike helmet...... they're all telling me to switch, I'm reluctant because my fullface keeps me nice and warm..... the shield freezes but I'M WARM!!!!

I'm really afraid if I switch to the MX and Spec set-up I'm gonna freeze instead of my visor!!!

I made the switch for this year! I used my MX helmet and snowboard goggles a little last year just to try it out and im hooked. They do make snowcross helmets with a chin curtain and a piece that clips in to cover your nose and face. I got mine from Royal Distributing and it was $130? or so and even came with a double lens shield too for those really cold days if you want the full face setup. I find it much easier to breathe and as long as you use a double lens in your goggles it shouldn't fog up. why not just try out a buddies setup and see if you like it before you buy your own?

fly racing with 509 goggles. probably the best investment i've ever had. no fogging what so ever. extremly warm, and its so easy to breath. deffinatly do the switch. just make sure you get a good set of goggles. it will make all the difference.

I made the switch about 3 years ago and I love it! Like Trukkid said, make sure you get a good set of goggles! I have tried Scott 89xti's and 509's and found these 2 types to be the best for anti-foging properties.

TopGunnSrx said:
89Xi's with self tinting lenses = awesome.

X2, i have the 89xi with rose lenses on a CKX raven helmet. A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

no fogging, no cold, with the rose lense, it isnt even hard to see at night.

i use couple of different MX helmets(M2R, THOR). i tape up the vents, use a balaclava, and installed an HJC breath box. as far as goggles, i've used Oakley, SPY and Scott. all have anti-fog lenses available (SPY comes with anti-fog). i prefer this set up to a full face set up.

I have had numerous MX helmets, and just this year I bought a sweet Fly helmet, and as far as goggles, I have used Scott's, Smith's, and this year I won a set of Castle X ones.

Do a search and use "motocross helmet" 21 threads going back 6 years show up for hrs of reading enjoyment

I have a Fly helmet with Scott goggles, and really love the setup. I still have my full face helmet with my heated shield for those nights that are super cold. I just change it up evey time I go out as to which setup I use.

oakley crowbar mx with single clear lens works great, extra lens are under $10/ea. every goggle lens has anti-fog coating on the inside, never touch inside of any lens with bare hands, and don't wipe inside of lens when wet. use cotton or goggle bag to wipe lens, sythentic materials will scratch lens. depending on yer bucket, you may have to change yer breathing habits to prevent fogging, and when you stop riding you may have to pull them off - depends on temp, conditions, face mask and helmet. :2strokes:

MX helmet is the way to go!!!!
I love it and will never go back
I'm Rocking Fox Helmets and Dragon goggles, great breathability and no Fog!!!!

burnoutink said:
MX helmet is the way to go!!!!
I love it and will never go back
I'm Rocking Fox Helmets and Dragon goggles, great breathability and no Fog!!!!

Nice! Fogging was my biggest concern.

Back