Discouraged

NewSRX'R

Been riding poo-laris for years and always wanted an SRX, this year I bought one and everything that can go wrong has. I didn't look the skid frame over well enough and it was trashed. Clutch is cracked. Track clips missing. And my steering is loose at the lower holder bearing meaning pull the motor.....So much to do and so little time.....BUT ITS AN SRX.....ITS WORTH IT!!!!!!!

hey don't feel bad, i got an 01 SRX back in march and it was a disaster (to my standards). rebuilt everything in the rear suspension including new shocks. replaced a cylinder that had been welded, all 3 powervalves, front suspension, and the list goes on on. i hope it's all worth it...

Ya thought I was getting an awsome deal and by the time I'm done will be in ball park of a good SRX's price range...But sled otherwise is in awsome shape very clean alot of polishing.....and on top of the IT'S A SRX!!!

don't feel bad.When I bought my 02 SRX..I just wanted it.Found out after the w-arm is cracked bad,suspension rails worn thru and covered up with new hy-fax..etc.I just replaced the whole skid.Added Ohlin's to front also.At least my motor was strong at the time.Cleaned her up,re-built motor,added new wheels thru-out ,new bearings.Went thru it with a fine tooth comb.I am proud to own the last year SRX they made.Pretty hard to find an SRX that ain't beat up unless it has been sitting more then ridden.They are meant to be ridden and ridden hard,so see why some are beat up.But doesn't help when guys run them down,do no maintenance to them and still expect a good price for them. My 2 cents.....

Im sure we all hit a hard one one time..

My first 2000 srx nailed me good... I didnt know anything about them... bought 1 that look MINT.. everything was polished engine bay was spotless extremely clean and had 7500 km's on it...

Brought it to a mechs to get a pre season tune up... and it needed a new clutch cause it was cracked W arm was cracked (normal easy fix) some bearings where fried.. hyfax's needed changing all the little maint that I expected to be good wasnt.. 1500$ maint bill later...

700 km's in the season... POP 3 cylinders trashed 3 pistons trashed and 3 con rods fried and bearings damaged.

the airbox was gutted and had duct tape over it.. (underneath where it wasnt visible) jetting was wayyyy off for the winter... (mech should of flaged that but he coudlnt even adjust the PV's right... (found that out after I joined here)

So dont feel too bad... lol... I parted that one out got a 01.. and it now needs a top end -.- got a tank of shity fuel and started to melt the pistons... so cyl are damaged.... but im happy I caught it before complete Chaos

Your luck was worse than mine...lol. The engine in mine seems strong so it's just nickle dime crap keeping me swingin' the wrench...Thank god I can do repairs myself! Will need to see about havng track re-clipped by a pro, never done one myself. Guy at wrok used to be mechanic at Pecocks in Baldwin so labor is cheap...lol

NewSRX'R said:
Ya thought I was getting an awsome deal and by the time I'm done will be in ball park of a good SRX's price range...But sled otherwise is in awsome shape very clean alot of polishing.....and on top of the IT'S A SRX!!!

keep that great attitude and you won't have any problems at all!!

NewSRX'R said:
Your luck was worse than mine...lol. The engine in mine seems strong so it's just nickle dime crap keeping me swingin' the wrench...Thank god I can do repairs myself! Will need to see about havng track re-clipped by a pro, never done one myself. Guy at wrok used to be mechanic at Pecocks in Baldwin so labor is cheap...lol

Reclipping a track is easy, most dealers rent the tool for a deposit. So free in the end. What i found is the clips are not free. If i would have known then what i do now i could have bought a new track for the price of the clips. And changing a track is a lot less work. LOL!! CCC

Back