SR-V/XL-V track removal

SX700triple

2upperDeluxe
Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you can shed some light on this subject. I just bought a new used track from Mr. Sled (thanks again Tom!) for my XL-V and wanted to know what I'm going to encounter when I go to the UP to put it on the machine. What am I going to need for tools and does the chaincase have to be completely removed? I wish I could get a service manual but you guys are as close as I'm going to get to that. Any help at all is apreciated!

SX700triple said:
Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you can shed some light on this subject. I just bought a new used track from Mr. Sled (thanks again Tom!) for my XL-V and wanted to know what I'm going to encounter when I go to the UP to put it on the machine. What am I going to need for tools and does the chaincase have to be completely removed? I wish I could get a service manual but you guys are as close as I'm going to get to that. Any help at all is apreciated!

Best way is to remove your chain case and speedo side bearings. Its fairly easy, 10, 12 and 14 mm wrenches and sockets. I would replace all the bearings on the speedo and chain case as well as seals in the chain case. Also get a new chain case gasket.

BTW your welcome :) You can also down load a manual for your sled here:

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/55384191-yamaha-1979-1990-excel-v-xlv-ec540-xl540-snowmobile

I do this all the time for 10 bucks. Comes in a PDF, print out the pages you want and make a binder for reference.

Back