looking into buying a SXViper

88 yamaha 570

hey guys its been a while since ive been here, i sold my old 88 exciter and now i want to buy another sled, im going to college and its all paid for so now im looking into taking out a student loan and buying a snowmobile, need some help. i either want to buy a rev 800+ or a SXViper 600+, i wanted the rev because its a twin and faster but my girlfriend loves to ride so i want something i can enjoy with her. im wondering suggestions on what kind to get, what there is for mods on them and things to look for that go wrong or some things to look for when buying one... thanks in advance

If anyone has on e for sale or knows of one for sale in the New York area

i'd have to say everyone here will tell you to go viper. but just to let you know all vipers are 700 trips. coincidently i just bought a 800 xp renegade to replace my viper. easier to ride than the viper but not nearly as fun. it just seems so sterile and not as much charactor. but if you want my real opinion it would be to not use a student loan to buy a sled. on the other hand my buddy just bought an 03 800 mxz(rev) for only 2400 bucks and its a pretty nice machine.

BigTimeFarmer said:
i'd have to say everyone here will tell you to go viper. but just to let you know all vipers are 700 trips. coincidently i just bought a 800 xp renegade to replace my viper. easier to ride than the viper but not nearly as fun. it just seems so sterile and not as much charactor. but if you want my real opinion it would be to not use a student loan to buy a sled. on the other hand my buddy just bought an 03 800 mxz(rev) for only 2400 bucks and its a pretty nice machine.
ya and i was told to take a student loan while i can(College is already paid for due to family illness) and i have a honda civic with only 100k miles driven by an old lady for 15 years so if i take care of that it will last about 5 or 6 more years so i really have no need for a car and the only other thing to get is tools and im currently a mechanic so ive been buying all the tools i need already, so i might get like a 3000 or 4000 dollar loan, buy a nice sled for maybe 2000 and spend the rest on specialty tools i might need somewhere down the road

sorry about that, i should've left my opinions to the snowmobiles. but i'll try to stick my foot in my mouth again. if you can get 4k i'd spend it all on a newer sled. you'll be a lot happier in the long run.

BigTimeFarmer said:
sorry about that, i should've left my opinions to the snowmobiles. but i'll try to stick my foot in my mouth again. if you can get 4k i'd spend it all on a newer sled. you'll be a lot happier in the long run.
its no problem, i know allot of people that have huge bills for school and buy other stuff, im going to take out the max amount i can, not sure what it is, i think like 4000 but im gonna find a good sled and still look for a nice deal

BigTimeFarmer said:
Hey, Farmer. I keep thinking about a Renegade and read a few of your post about switching. I love the VX800 and SRXs but there are a lot of times we would like to go off trail or in the higher mountain deep stuff and those sleds are totally out of their element (plus I'm tired of fixing trailing arms). How satisfied with Renegade are you overall? Thanks.

Back