Yamaha Jacket and pants - better then everyday stuff??? Warmer???

in_style

I am warm with the average ski-pants and jacket already, but I am looking to buy the yamaha brand stuff so i can look "cool" lol. I would think they would be much warmer to sled in, just due to them being designed for sledding...is this true?

ive got the yamaha coat, bibs, boots, ski-doo mod helmet, and been out on rides at -15 and never got cold, not saying i was burining up, but i was pretty comfortable, and that was on a srx with a low windy, ;)!

Klim

I bought a Yamaha coat made by KLIM last year and I really like it. I have had other Yamaha gear in the past that was OK but the KLIM stuff is really nice & I highly reccommend it.

Madmatt

I've found my Yamaha stuff to be warmer than ski gear. But my Yamaha stuff is also vented unlike The ski gear I've used so if I get too warm I just open a few vents and I'm good. Ya dig? haha

Yamaha gear is made by FXR for the most part. There are many different styles and levels of warmth. I have the "cool" looking Yamaha gear. My jacket is very warm and if it gets too warm I can remove the liner or open the vents.

stein700sx said:
Yamaha gear is made by FXR for the most part. There are many different styles and levels of warmth. I have the "cool" looking Yamaha gear. My jacket is very warm and if it gets too warm I can remove the liner or open the vents.

Also have the "cool" looking stuff for Yamaha by FXR and I also have an SXViper coat made by Reima with Goretex. Now that is ONE WARM coat. -20F air temp and -50F wind chill with a t-shirt underneath it.

I am looking for a new suit also this year and the number one factor is warmth. It is difficult with all the different materials in use by the manufacturers to judge which suits would be warmer.

Clothing is another thing that would be good to have tested by the sled magazines, but it won't happen because they do not want to lose advertising dollars.

Top of the line gear is Klim, Motorfist, and Reima. Klim and Motorfist require layering to achieve warmth. Mid line is Fxr, Arctiva, Hmk. They are a bit cheaper in cost and dont offer the same breathability as the first 3. They do offer a wider range of insulated clothing. Leather is great for warmth, but low on breathability. Determine your riding style and ventilation needs, and you budget. I stay off the trail, so I run a wicking layer, body armor and a shell to -15, and add a thin fleece layer for anything colder. Trail riding with what I wear will require another layer. Hope this helps

Back