set-up Viper CPR pipes heel clickers 136 x 1-1/2"

..SNAKEBIT..

VIP Member
installing CPR pipes and was wondering if anybody has a starting point for the heel clickers?
02 Viper engine stock
tempa flow
carb setting?
heel clickers?
geared down i tooth on top
136 x 1-1/2" track

try this h/c- red spring,sm bolt and 4 washers in heel, middle- 1 long bolt with 1 washer, tip empty, 50/40 helix with green spring at 80, you can fine tune the secondary twist to your liking. The jetting I used is without a temp-blow, so I dont reccomend using a tempa-blow with it: 47.5 pilot jets, fuel screws at 1.5 turns out,center and pto needles stock clip but both shims under clip, mag needle (richer)down 1 and both shims under, 160/160/162.5 mains the bigger 1 being on the mag side.

finally got to ride it but I think I need a few more rpms?
runs about @ 8400 rpm pulls to @ 8800 rpm (never seen 9000 )
heel: small bolt, 4 flat washers
center: long bolt 1 flat washer
tip: empty
50-40 helix green spring @ 80'
what should I try?

h/c set up

take off the washer in the middle hole, then remove 1 or 2 from the heel, should put ya spot on. Or do you have a helix with a shallower finish?? like a 38 or 36 finish? a 50/36 or 38 would put ya right there too, and its kinda better running this way, you dont lose the weight and the engine will rev up smoother and backshift will be better. Not all the helix are cut the same so you have to fine tune the set up, maxx,dalton,advantedge, they all shift differnt, thats why your not spot on probally, plus your lugging a bit more weight with the longtrack, I had that on a shorty.., let me know, with a couple changes we can have ya rippin!

Last edited:
Thanks I will be trying it today and will let you know!
should I shoot for 9100 on long runs?
or should it jump to 9100 when I can it?

engages @ 4300 rpm
hit the gas and it pulls @ 8700 and climbs to @ 9000 at about 85-90 mph
heel: bolt 2 flat washers
middle: short bolt no washer
tip: empty
sec: 50/40 green @ 80'
do I want to see 9000 when I hit the gas?
should I turn the secondary? 70' or 60' or will this kill backshift?
what do you think? only got about 12 miles on it and will probably go out
of town this weekend to ride, would like to be very close!

your closer, I would try it and see how it does, you want it to go to around 88-8900 right off the bat, then climb to 9-9100rpm after you are on a long run. If you loosen up the secondary it will lower the top rpm some, and the back shift will be slower, run it and see how you like it. I always ride them for a bit then stop and see how hot the clutch's are, if they are smokin hot, they need more weight and less helix. Do you have a helix with a tad bit shallower finish like I said before?? let me know what ya got to work with in the way of secondary springs and helix.

ok, then ride it the way it is and then periodicly, check the clutchs and see how hot they are, you wanna check the primary and see how many seconds you can hold your hand on them, then the secondary, let me know after you get back how many seconds each was. Do it after a few holeshots, then after a long run, then after a short bit of tight woods riding, try to make some kind of notes to refer back to, have a great trip!!

Back