How do i arrange shipping

tyler440

Website
www.vintagevmax.com
this really isnt yamaha realated but since i know there are tons of parts being shipped on this site im hoping someone will know how i do this..

situation: i need a tranny for my car it weighs less than a 100lbs and its not all that big. BUT a place that i found that has one in TX says i have to arrange shipping... whats so hard about them shipping it and giving me the bill i dont know, but thats the way it is.. How in the heck do i "arrange" shipping?????? i know you guys have bought stuff that involved this so please give me somekind of idea of whats involved... it needs shipped from TX to PA... THANKS!

I think you can contact fed-ex & pre-pay for shipping, let them know where it is & where it goes & they will pick it up & deliver to you. Start by contacting them.

If it looks like a 'Pre-made description' for the part, a lot of companies that sell a lot of larger items will have that in there because the part needs to be sent via Freight, so like Ottawaair mentioned, you would have to call a freight company and set up the pickup and delivery, not sure why they are doing that for a transmission, seems like a lot of screwing around since they could box it up and send it UPS (think they will take up to 150lbs)

post office and ups only take up to 75 pounds if i remember correct ...and size of the box will have alot to due with it ...fedex or freight company is gonna be the best way if you get the actual weight and dimensions you can pay the shipping that way ...but if you are looking to save cash on shipping i would look into greyhound package express pretty much they throw your box in the luggage compartment and bus it to the terminal nearest to you and you have to pick it up there ...but the seller has to drop it off at terminal nearest to him ....

Just curious, what transmission is it? Gotta imagine you could find one closer to Pa than TX, but I know how some of them old ones are, everyone is looking for a rock crusher or them other rare birds...

I bought a tractor which was in Minnesota. I too had to arrange the shipping. No big deal. I just called a truck shipping dispatcher and made the deal with them direct. I did have to pay the seller an extra $50 to help load the tractor. Al

Call a LTL carrier like ABF,YELLOW ROADWAY,UPS FRIEGHT,FED-EX FRIEGHT.there many out.But this big boys have the frieght lanes and network.

Back