White Star Snowmobile Auctions

alswagg

VIP Member
I watch the auction listings pretty regulary, but this year not many machines have been listed and sold, as least as compared to years past. Are people not selling sleds as often as in the past? Maybe less new sleds are being bought, so less older sleds being auctioned? I found out last season as well as this season, the buyer at the auction now has to pay 10% for the sale. When you add in the tax, that is $160 per $1000.00 added onto the sale price. Kindof adds up. Example, $2,500 bid for a Viper ends up costing you $2,900. Anyhow I was just wondering if any other TY members frequent the Auction site? Al

I think alot of people are going to put them on craigslist first, that site is very popular around here.

I look at it every now and then. In 95 my friend bought a Vmax 4 that was very nice, but Ihave seen sleds that look great that are really junk.... there was a Vmax 600 or similar and it looked new but you could not turn the skis, we picked the front end up and could not turn the bars at all.

I bought a Snosport from someone on this site that claimed it was in great shape, when I got there it was the biggest piecs of crap I had seen...... but i kept my word and took it.......I took it to bronson to unload it because i would not sell it to a friend or anyone on TY.

If you go to bronson just look everything over very well... great for sellers as it cost the seller 25 buck to run a unit through.........

Tod

^^^^ the only thing I have heard is people take their junk there to get top dollar!!!

and be really really careful if you even think about buying anything there!!!

Perfect example: when my sled blew up after 104 miles, I called the seller and he told me to turn the idle up 'till it ran smooth enough to fool ppl and take it to White Star!!!! He was "sure I could get my money back"

Back